No date planned yet
Insert pdf HERE
BBC Open Championships – RULES
1) All games will be played under the Latest Addition of the Laws of the Sport of Bowls (red book). All competitors must be available for the duration of the competition.
2) All games in the tournament will be on a knock-out basis;
SINGLES 4 bowls each player 21 shots up
MIXED PAIRS 4 bowls each player 18 ends
MIXED FOURS 2 bowls each player 18 ends
3) Two trial ends will be played for each discipline.
4) The dress code for this competition will be WHITE OR COLOURED CLUB SHIRTS
All team members must wear the same colour/ shirt
5) All competitors are required to report at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time for each game in which they are due to play. Failure to comply with this may result in disqualification.
6) Rinks will be drawn for the first session of games each day and where practical thereafter. However, if found necessary, rinks may have to be allocated on a first available basis and, play on the same rink again on the same day may be necessary.
7) Due to scheduling demands it may be necessary to play up to 3 games in one day.
8) All finals may be restricted to certain rinks as decided by the Controlling Body.
9) Any game which becomes “un-winnable” must be conceded.
10) Losing singles players may be required to mark in a subsequent singles game.
11) The Controlling Body reserve the right to restrict head visits and to restrict the duration of any games if deemed necessary on the grounds of inclement weather or because of shortage of time to complete the schedule.
12) The Controlling Body, who retain the right to amend these rules as necessary, will consist of the Club Captain, Match Secretary, Competition Secretary, Bowls Director and Duty Umpire, any two of whom will constitute a quorum.
As always, on the green, an Umpires decision will be final and the Controlling Body will have the final decision on any other matters of dispute.